Artwork FAQs

Have a question about artwork for our printing and signage services? Here are some frequently asked questions.
If you don't see the answer to your question contact us or give us a call at 412-517-8691.

What file type should my logo file be in?

For almost everything we do vectors are the best. To assure the highest quality signs, it is important to have a vector based file of your logo or artwork. .EPS, or .AI files (Adobe Illustrator) work best. .PDF can also work well.

What is “vector” art?

Vector art is created using vector illustration software programs, such as Adobe Illustrator.  These programs use mathematic equations and geometric primitives (points, lines, and shapes) to create art that is clean, camera ready, and can be scaled to very large and very small sizes, without any loss of quality or fidelity.

What is Camera-Ready Art?

Camera-ready art is color-separated art in a final form, ready to use – generally created by a professional.

It’s easier to explain what is NOT camera ready art: Faxes, laser prints, inkjet prints, newspaper clippings, handwritten notes, business cards, and art not color separated. Additional art charges will apply to prepare these items for printing.

Why do I need a proof?

A visual proof is a vital step in the process.  It’s our way of ensuring that we have set your type accurately and that everything is positioned according to your requirements.  Check carefully – you are responsible for making sure that spelling, sizes, and quantities match your desired request.

Do I still need to approve a proof if I give you electronic art?

YES. It may seem like a proof wouldn’t be needed in this case but it really is.  Output devices process digital information using a variety of processing languages.  Your approval of the proof we send you assures that the output device used has correctly interpreted and processed the information you have provided.